There’s many ways that you can support our work. You can follow our latest work by signing up to our newsletter and following us on Twitter. You can help to keep our work going by giving a donation or assist in the direction of our work by becoming a member where you will get lots of other benefits!
Sign up to our newsletter
We like to keep our supporters and those interested in our work updated and we do this by sending out an electronic newsletter every couple of months. If you would like to sign up to our newsletter, please enter your email below. We also produce Flying Green three times a year, which is a more in depth update and opinion piece for our members. You can find out more about that here.
We are grateful to all of our supporters for the financial help they give us. As a small NGO, your donation is vital for us to continue to ensure that the aviation industry takes responsibility for its environmental impacts.
Please consider supporting us with a regular direct debit, as this is the most effective way for us to be able to keep the environment on aviation’s agenda. If you are not able to give a regular donation, we welcome any support that you can provide as this will provide the means for us to influence national policy on aviation noise or work internationally to reduce airplane emissions.
You can make a donation through Stripe by using the button below, or contact us for information about how to pay by cheque or electronically. You may also wish to consider becoming a member.
Become an AEF member
Will you consider becoming an AEF member?
Your views would help to inform our work and you would get some real benefits.
AEF formed as a ‘federation’ of member groups and individuals concerned about aviation impacts and we continue to rely on our membership today. We aim to represent the views of those who are directly affected by airport and airfield operations, overflights and airspace changes as well as those who join AEF simply to support our work and objectives. One of our major strengths is that our work is shaped and reinforced by real-world examples from our members.
Why join? Membership benefits
As well as helping to support and guide our work, AEF membership offers a number of direct benefits. In recent years we have supported our members with:
- securing more effective planning conditions in relation to noise impacts;
- reviewing and understanding planning applications and environmental statements;
- making well-informed responses to airspace change proposals;
- seeking legal advice on appropriate controls for ‘general aviation’ activities;
- restricting inappropriate development in green belt land; and
- having the opportunity to take their concerns directly to relevant Government departments to make the case for national policy change
All our members are entitled to the following:
1) Access to our comprehensive information and advice service. Our dedicated casework officers will deal with your enquiries on all kinds of issues related to aviation policy including:
- technical data on noise, air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions and on the operation of aircraft and airports (internationally and in the UK);
- the regulatory framework for aviation: air, environmental, and planning law (including how the planning system works, opportunities to comment, Public Inquiries, and case precedents);
- who’s who in aviation, Government, the European Parliament, and international bodies, as well as in the legal, acoustic and environmental consultancy fields; and
- how to deal effectively with aerodrome consultative committees.
2) AEF’s members-only newsletter Flying Green. This covers the latest policy developments and shares our members’ experiences.
3) Email alerts of important policy updates or the publication of relevant consultations
4) Attendance at our Annual General Meeting (usually featuring a guest presentation), and the opportunity to stand for election to our Executive Council
5) Occasional use of the AEF office facilities in central London, for example as a meeting venue
How to join
We offer six types of membership which are listed below. Association membership is designed for residents’ groups and environmental organisations.
|Association – representing under 5000 people||£30|
|Association – representing over 5000 people||£36|
|Parish or local council – representing under 5000 people||£36|
|Parish or local council – representing over 5000 people||£50|
All AEF members are entitled to the same benefits but the rates vary depending on membership type. You can pay online or by post. If you have any questions, please contact the AEF office.
Join by post and cheque
Please download the membership form and follow the details provided.
Our work is supported by a number of dedicated, long-term volunteers. In addition, we have occasionally offered placements for short-term student internships, and we have consistently received good feedback from interns about their time with us.
At present we are at full capacity and do not have the space to accommodate additional volunteers at the office.