Kelly launches Heathrow consultation
The long-awaited consultation ‘Adding Capacity at Heathrow Airport’ has been launched today, presenting the government’s plans for increased air traffic numbers at the airport and for building a third runway.
Themes on which the public can comment include:
- Proposed additional terminal facilities
- Whether environmental pre-conditions for expansion can be met (local air quality standards, noise limits and the percentage of air passengers using public transport to reach the airport)
- The introduction of mixed mode operations
- Retaining westerly preference
- Ending the Cranford agreement, and
- Runway alternation for early morning arrivals.
Alongside the consultation documents, the Department for Transport has released UK air passenger demand and aviation emissions forecasts.
For links to the consultation documents see here
For the air passenger and carbon dioxide forecasts see here